Thursday, February 1, 2018

Tests and........ Children

Image result for scared children clipart
2/1/18
I feel like the 3rd grade class that I help teach doesn't like me. To be honest I am not even sure if they all even know/remember my name. Then on top of this I feel like I am being stabbed repeatedly in my stomach. Then I still have to both finish Math homework and study for Science which is always fun. I need to start going to bed earlier, but then again I always say that and yet here I am. I also still need to find a new book because I don't really care for the book I am reading now. Today we got to meet with the dude that gives us our class gear which is pretty cool.

2/13/18
So I have learned that some of the kids like me more than others. I also learned that some kids pronounce my name as Danelle. That's better than them not liking me though so I guess I will just have to live with it. Also apparently some kid thinks that I have Indian in me. The real question is how can kids just talk with people they barley know? Like can you give me some of that confidence that you have.

3/20/18
Sometimes I feel very awkward just standing there staring at some of the kids, but it's all good because they don't seem to freaked out. Also today I got to do math while they were doing some reading strategies and like can I go back to 3rd grade. Then this one girl (Keara) comes up to me every day and gives me a hug which makes me feel better about watching them and teaching them things.

5/2/18
Some of the other kids have warmed up to me by now which is the best thing that has happened in my life so far. I can obviously tell which ones don't like me that much but it's chill since I like all of them. Also one of the kids likes to tell me that he has Pokemon cards in his pocket.

5/15/18
Today was actually a pretty good day with the 3rd graders. Keara didn't want me to go and just hugged me until I finally had to leave which is different because usually most of them are trying to push me out of the door. The only bad thing that happened was I had to read Because of Winn Dixie chapter four twice because they were both absent the other day. Then again I liked the story when I was younger so it wasn't the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

6/7/18
Today was the last day with my third graders and I want to cry because I will probably not ever see them again and if I do see them they are going to be fourth graders. Also we did a huge group hug thing which again made me want to cry.

5/12/19
I really miss them and wish that I was able to help them with all of their homework even though they probably don't even remember me anymore which stinks. It's okay though because they are still the best kids in the world. Most of them are 4th graders now and are going to be 5th graders soon which makes me feel older than I actually am.

No comments:

Post a Comment