Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Sophomore Year of High School

         Sophomore year so far has been something else. So far this is probably one of the most stressful years of school that I have ever had. Mostly because I'm doing Spanish online and we have a lot more different projects due. Right now second quarter is coming to an end and I still haven't finished my bio project completely that is due this Friday. I'm sure that I'll get it done, but it just ain't it at the moment. I also just finished my short story which I am extremely proud of especially since I changed my idea 20 million times. I still have to correct some stuff and turn in the final draft, but that is the least of my concerns at the moment.
         This year we had to do Spanish online as Ms. Harshman left at the end of last year. It's challenging in a lot of ways considering I tend to procrastinate sometimes. Also it isn't the best because you're not getting taught face to face which makes it harder in some aspects. On top of that it's hard at times considering I didn't even know anything about Spanish grammar until this year. The teacher had expected us to know a lot more information than we actually did which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does make it more challenging at times.
          My favorite class this year would probably have to be Information Processing. It's my favorite class for many reasons. The class is taught by my favorite teacher and there is a total 6 of us in the class. 4 of them happen to be Abigail, Ruby, Sydney, and me which always makes for an interesting class period. In this class we fold and make the programs and other random tasks the school needs us to do. When we aren't busy with that stuff we learn more about computers and 1st quarter we learned more about photoshop. 
         Another class that all 4 of us have together happens to be English which is where Abigail and I never have any creative ideas. We don't know what it is about it, but Abigail and I have a hard time writing anything when we're in his room. Maybe it's because the class is in the morning or something, but we never have any good writing ideas until we are in a completely different room. Sydney and Ruby can usually work in his room, but Abigail and I just sit there asking each other why the sky is blue. We try and we don't succeed. Even though I did end up writing my introduction and conclusion for my research paper in his room which I was extremely proud of. Also I helped Abigail with her introduction in his room so who knows. We also have journals that we do every day which I am going to try to stop procrastinating on this year. 
        This year I am going to be getting my licence, but as of now I am still driving with Mr. Bushnell which hasn't be hard. It was more stressfull on the first day because I had never even met him before and it was also different to be driving with somebody who I had never driven with before. I've been driving everyday and I think I'm doing pretty good. My parking isn't the best, but otherwise I have been doing pretty good. Also the driver's ed car is almost exactly like my car so that was a nice bonus. Even though the brake on the driver's ed car is really high up compared to my car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment